State College Area High School
Girls Lacrosse Booster Club
ARTICLE I – NAME AND OBJECTIVES
- The name of the organization will be: State College Girls Lacrosse Booster Club.
- The objective shall be:
- To provide support and assistance to the State College Girls Lacrosse program coaches including the varsity and junior varsity school teams during the outdoor, indoor and summer seasons.
- The club shall be a not for profit organization. All monies collected or earned shall be used for the benefit of the above programs. Use of any surplus funds for private inurement to any person in the event of a sale or dissolution of the institution/club is prohibited. Furthermore, in the event of dissolution, any surplus funds, whether collected or earned by the club, shall be surrendered to the State College Area School District Athletic Department.
- The board/membership may revise the by-laws as needed to meet the objectives of the club.
ARTICLE II – MEMBERSHIP AND MEETINGS
- Membership is open to all persons interested in supporting lacrosse in State College.
- Dues shall be set by the Executive Board each year.
- There will be at least two general membership meetings each year. Additional meetings may be called for by the board as needed to conduct business.
- The Executive Board shall be the decision making body of the club and will consist of:
- Vice President(s)
The management of the club’s affairs shall be entrusted to the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board will assume their positions at the conclusion of the election. A general membership meeting will be held at that time if needed to re-elect officers for one year terms. There shall be no limitation on the number of terms an officer may serve. Approximately two weeks prior to an election, a member of the club selected by the President shall collect nominations and/or volunteers to serve as an officer.
- Vacancies on the board shall be filled for the remainder of that term by a majority vote by the board members.
- Board meetings shall be held at the discretion of the board as needed to conduct business.
- Special meetings of the club may be called by the President or by a majority of the board or membership.
- Minutes of Executive Board meetings will be available for review by the general membership.
ARTICLE III – DUTIES OF OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
- The President shall:
- Preside at all meetings
- Appoint all committees
- Assure that all books, reports and certificates as required are properly kept or filed
- Have such powers as needed to conduct the business of the club
- The Vice-President shall:
- Conduct the business of the club and assume the duties of the president in the absence of the president
- The Secretary shall:
- Maintain the minutes and records of the organization
- Maintain the SCASD Girls Lacrosse website
- Attend to all correspondence necessary to conduct the business of the club
- The Treasurer shall:
- Maintain the financial records of the club and manage the fiscal affairs of the club
- Prepare reports concerning the financial condition of the club for each meeting
- Execute any other duties necessary to conduct the business of the club
- Both the Treasurer and the President(s) shall be authorized to sign the bank signature card and/or checks for the club.
ARTICLE IV – AMENDMENTS
- Proposed amendments to the by-laws shall be submitted in writing to the Executive Board by petition of (25%) of the membership.
- The by-laws may be amended by a majority vote of the members present and voting at any regular or special meeting, provided the proposed amendment(s) have been circulated to the membership at least one week prior to the meeting.
Last revised: 08-13-12 LRB
Last Modified on March 6, 2021