Here are some tips and suggestions for reading with your child at home :
1. Read with your child every night for at least 20 minutes (1st-2nd), 30 minutes (3rd-5th).
2. Vary the reading arrangement. Sometimes read to your child, sometimes listen to your child read, and sometimes take turns reading aloud.
3. Have a set time each day that you always read.
4. Praise your child!! Make comments such as Wow! You read that smoothly! or I noticed you had some trouble with that word, but great job figuring it out!
5. Most importantly, KEEP READING TOGETHER FUN!