Lebkuchen RecipeIngredientsFor the cookies:
For the glaze:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Instructions for cookies:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions for glaze:
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg, salt, spices, and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add flour.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (2-3 minutes).
- If dough is too soft, cover and refrigerate until firm enough to form cookies (30-45 minutes).
- Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes.
- Place shapes 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle or pipe over warm cookies.
Last Modified on September 3, 2019