1896- A public meeting is held for the election of Borough Council and Board of School Directors.
1897- Frazier Street school erected
- Attendance made compulsory for children ages 8-13.
1901- Election of a fifth teacher is cited as the beginning of the high school, in which 17 were enrolled in the fall.
1902- The first Hiester Street schoolhouse is sold to John Hamilton. The entire school population is then housed in the 4-room Fraser Street building.
1908/09- Firm tuition policy requires payment for pupils “from homes in State College during the week and homes outside on Sunday”.
1910- A full 4-year course is established for high school students. The term is lengthened to 9 months beginning in September.
1913- School opens in the fall for half-day sessions because of overcrowded conditions.
1914- First State College High School building, at Fraser and W. Nittany Aves. opens its doors, still needing finishing touches.
1917- Properly certified college students are granted permission to teach in the high school, probably unpaid.
1918- Boys credited for military drill training as a consequence of wartime conditions.
1919- First yearbook published.
1921- Additions made to Fairmount Avenue High School.
1924- Nittany Avenue Grammar School built (now Central Office administration building)
1924/25- First school newspaper, The Piper, issued.
1931- College Heights school erected.
- Ferguson Township school erected. Renovated with additions 2011
- Additions made to Fairmount Avenue High school.
1934- First public library built.
1935- A driver-training course first offered as a non-credit elective class conducted outside of school hours.
1936- Boalsburg school erected.
- Additions made to Fairmount Avenue High School
1939- Board approves kindergarten for children reaching age 5 before February 1 with parents providing transportation, and attendance as optional.
- Lemont school erected.1947 - Halfmoon directors voted 4 to 1 to form a joint district with State College designated the State College Area Join School.1949 - The College Area Joint School District, comprising College, Ferguson, Harris and Patton townships, as well as State College and Halfmoon Township, was formed effective July 1, 1950 with a board of 32 members.1952 - Corl Street School erected1955 - New High School erected on Westerly Parkway- Easterly Parkway School erected - rebuilt 20021959 - Houserville Elementary School erected- Panorama Village Elementary School erected1962 - High School South building erected1963 - Radio Park Elementary School erected1967 - Park Forest Elementary School erected1971- Park Forest Middle School erected1995 - Mount Nittany Middle School erected2002 - Gray's Woods Elementary erected2011 - Mount Nittany Elementary School erected- Ferguson Township Elementary additions/renovations completed