Austauschprogramm mit der Helene-Lange-Schule in Hannover, Deutschland
The German Exchange with the Helene-Lange-Schule in Hannover, Germany
For over 30 years, State High has had an exchange program with the Helene-Lange-Schule in Hannover, Germany.
Important Facts about the exhange in the US:
- German students from the Helene-Lange-Schule visit State High for 3 weeks in September and October.
- German students stay with families of State High students.
- German students visit Niagara Falls, Washington D.C., New York City, and perhaps other destinations. A limited number of State High students are permitted to accompany the students on these trips.
- German students also visit local attractions, including Beaver Stadium, the Creamery and Penns Cave.
Important Facts about the exchange in Germany:
- American students from State High visit Germany for 3 weeks immediately following the end of the school year in June.
- American students stay with students who have been to State High the previous fall.
- American students visit Berlin, Goslar, the Rhine River, and perhaps other destinations.
- American students also tour a bakery in Hannover and visit the VW factory near the city.
Due to COVID-19, the German students from Hannover will not be visiting State High in the Fall of 2021. Stay tuned for more information regarding when the exchange program will resume.
Last Modified on September 14, 2021