Austauschprogramm mit der Helene-Lange-Schule in Hannover, Deutschland
The German Exchange with the Helene-Lange-Schule in Hannover, Germany
For approximately 30 years, State High has had an exchange program with the Helene-Lange-Schule in Hannover, Germany.
Important Facts about the exhange in the US:
- German students from the Helene-Lange-Schule visit State High for 3 weeks in September and October.
- German students stay with families of State High students.
- German students visit Niagara Falls, Washington D.C., New York City, and perhaps other destinations. A limited number of State High students are permitted to accompany the students on these trips.
- German students also visit local attractions, including Beaver Stadium, the Creamery and Penns Cave.
Important Facts about the exchange in Germany:
- American students from State High visit Germany for 3 weeks immediately following the end of the school year in June.
- American students stay with students who have been to State High the previous fall.
- American students visit Berlin, Goslar, the Rhine River, and perhaps other destinations.
- American students also tour a bakery in Hannover and visit the VW factory near the city.
Due to COVID-19, the German students from Hannover will not be visiting State High in the Fall of 2020. Stay tuned for more information regarding when the exchange program will resume.