Community Education Extended Learning (CEEL) ProgramCEEL is an afterschool Extended Learning Program open to elementary students in all of our elementary schools. Programs operate at, Easterly Parkway, Ferguson Township, Gray's Woods, Mount Nittany, Park Forest, Radio Park and Spring Creek Elementary Schools.Specific details for each CEEL site can be found by visiting the appropriate school's homepage, clicking Our School, and then clicking Before and Afterschool Program (CEEL).If you have questions about CEEL, please contact the supervisor at the appropriate school.
Easterly Parkway (serving Corl Street students) - Thea Park - 814-357-5479 - email@example.com
Ferguson Township - Morgan Lang - 814-574-5509 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Grays Woods - Antonio Rascon-Gato - 814-574-2617 - email@example.com
Mount Nittany - Zachary Finley - 814-571-0648 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Park Forest - Lisa Vonada 814-571-2294 - email@example.com
Radio Park - Patty McKenna - 814-571-3349 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Creek - Rachel Sullivan - 814-810-8399 - email@example.com
Community Education Office - 814-231-1061 - firstname.lastname@example.org
CEEL Enrollment Procedures for 2023-24
For the coming school year, available seats in the CEEL program will be managed via a lottery once again. Families should follow the steps below to apply for the CEEL program:
1. The initial application window will be open from 10 a.m. Monday, May 1 to 10 a.m. Monday, May 15
- Apply for the lottery online by clicking the link (image) at the top of this page.
- No payment is required to apply; however, online registration accounts must be in good standing at the time of the lottery or an offer will not be made.
- You will receive a confirmation email after successful submission of application. If you do not receive this email, you have not successfully applied and will not be entered into the lottery. Please check your spam folder; during heavy volume registration times, the email may be delayed. You can also log into your account anytime to see if your application was successful.
2. Names will be chosen via lottery immediately following the initial application window.
3. Families will be notified by Tuesday, May 16 at 4:00 p.m. if they are being offered a space.
- An email with the offer and additional details will be sent to the email address associated with the application. This is the only form of communication families will receive regarding an offer.
- If offered a space in the program, you will then be given a specific period of time to complete additional tasks, such as registering and paying the required deposit.
- Deadlines must be met in order to secure the spot for your child. You will need to reapply to be placed in future lotteries if the deadline is not met.
4. Once offers have been made, waitlisted families will be notified of their waitlist status.
Additional details regarding enrollment
- CEEL enrollment is a fluid process. We typically have a waitlist for most of our locations.
- Applications are accepted for the indicated school year only and offers are good only for that school year. Students must reapply each year.
- The lottery will be conducted by the program coordinator, secretary, and CEEL supervisor representatives.
- Students who are not offered a space after the initial lottery will be placed on the waitlist, along with applications received after the initial lottery. When a space becomes available, a lottery will be held and families will be notified in the fashion detailed above.
- When the initial application window closes, if the number of applicants is fewer than the projected openings, all applicants will be offered admission. Applicants will need to follow the steps above to secure the space.
- If at any time a student leaves the program for any reason, he or she will need to reapply and the application will become part of the waitlist lottery when a space becomes available.
*Morning programs require a minimum enrollment. Enrolled families will be notified of program status by 4:00 p.m. on Friday July 21.
2023-24 Program Details
*Before school: 7:30 a.m. to 7:55 a.m. each school day
Afterschool: dismissal to 5:30 p.m. each school day
PROGRAM DATESAugust 22, 2023 to June 4, 2024CEEL operates on school days when school is in-person.
FEES PER STUDENT (monthly unless otherwise noted)
SCHOLARSHIPS & DISCOUNTS
- *Before School: $57
- Full-Time: $295
- Registration Fee (one-time): $50
- Payment Plan Fee (one-time, due at the time of registration): $15
- Deposit: Due at the time of registration if utilizing the Payment Plan; equal to 5% of your total invoice amount; nonrefundable
- Scholarships and discounts (sibling and employee) are available for those who qualify.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship or discount, please fill out the form located in the Forms & Documents tab at left. This form must be completed by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 15, 2023 in order for discounts and scholarships to be effective prior to the first CEEL payment of the year. Form submissions received after that date will be applied prior to the next payment (when submitted by 4:30 p.m. on the 15th of the month) and will not be prorated. Discounts and scholarships cannot be combined.
Sibling Discount - Families with 2 or more children enrolled in the full-time program will receive a 15% discount on the second and subsequent child(ren).
Scholarships - Scholarships are available for families in need, including those eligible for free and reduced lunch. You will be notified of any scholarship offer via email and may be required to provide forms, such as free/reduced lunch acceptance, before the offer is applied to your account.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR THE 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR
- Art, STEM, physical activity and language classes will return with providers such as Art Explorers, Scholastic Fencing, Discovery Space, Millbrook Marsh, Lincoln Caverns, Happy Valley Chinese School, Adam Swartz Puppets, Discovery by Nature and Jana Marie Foundation.
- Individual inservice days will be available for registration approximately one month prior to the inservice dates. The site supervisor will share more details about this after school starts. Inservice days are $54 per student per day. Inservice dates will be available on a day-by-day basis and will no longer be combined.
- The Spring Break program will open for registration in January 2024. The Spring Break program is $245 for the week.
- CEEL is open to in-person students only; the program will run on school days when school is in-person.
- There will be no part-time option offered.
- Note that Corl Street students will be bussed from Corl Street to Easterly Parkway and must be picked up there each day. Corl Street will have a morning program, should the minimum number of enrollments be met.
*The Before School program will be held at schools where a minimum number of enrollments are met. Registered families will be notified of the status of their child's program on Friday, July 21.
INSERVICE/NO SCHOOL DAY PROGRAMSStudents must currently be enrolled in the CEEL program to participate in inservice day programming.
Individual Inservice Days - $54/day - Inservice programs operate from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and you will have the choice of attending the Park Forest or Easterly Parkway program. A timeline of registration dates can be found below.
Spring Break Inservice Bundle - $245 - This bundle will include Spring Break (3/4, 3/5, 3/6, 3/7, 3/8) from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and will be held at Easterly Parkway. Please note that these days will only be sold as a package. Registration for Spring Break will open in January 2024.