This Week at a Glance:
(Click here for 2019 Boys' Tennis Season Schedule)
- Next Match: May 24-26
Owen Lloyd/Drew Cagle at PIAA AAA Doubles Championship in Hershey
WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR SPECIAL OLYMPIC SET-UP AND TAKE DOWN.
PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL TO LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE AVAILABLE!
THERE WERE 32 BOYS ON THE TEAM AND I’VE ONLY HEARD FROM 4 OF YOU…LET’S GO TEAM!
TIMES ARE:WEDNESDAY, 06/05/2019 4:15-5:30PM (approximate time)SATURDAY, 06/08/2019 11AM-1PM
- CONGRATS TO District 6 AAA TEAM CHAMPIONS!
State College defeated Altoona 3-0.
Altoona Mirror, 05/08/2019
CONGRATS TO DISTRICT 6 AAA DOUBLES CHAMPIONS OWEN LLOYD AND DREW CAGLE! THIS IS THEIR 2ND CONSECTUTIVE DOUBLES TITLE AND THIS IS OWEN’S 4TH CONSECUTIVE DOUBLES TITLE. WAY TO REPRESENT! THEY WILL PLAY IN THE PIAA TOURNAMENT IN HERSHEY ON MAY 24/25!
Centre Daily Times, 05/05/2019
Altoona Mirror, 05/03/2019
- The 50th Annual Special Olympics Pennsylvania - Summer Games
June 6-8, 2019
Penn State University - Main Campus
Special Olympics Pennsylvania Summer Games brings together over 2,000 athletes and 750 coaches from across the state. Our largest event of the year, Summer Games features three days of intense competition in aquatics, athletics, basketball, bowling, equestrian, golf, gymnastics, softball and tennis. Every race, every game, every competition held at Summer Games represents many weeks of training, preparation and dedication on the part of our athletes, coaches and volunteers.
This year marks the 50th Anniversary of our Summer Games! Join us as our athletes participate in the largest competition event of the year. From June 6-8, 2019 athletes will compete in athletics, basketball, equestrian, golf, gymnastics, softball, swimming and tennis. Come and cheer our athletes on during this 3-day competition event held at Penn State University. Help us celebrate our 50th Annual Games via social media by using #PSUSG50! Share in the thrill of competition and the joy of victory.
RULES & GUIDELINES:
- Uniforms must be worn to all practices.
- ALWAYS bring your gear if raining in the morning!
- IF RAIN, we will try meet in gym 4-5 PM, but always check the web site for up to date information.
Challenge Match Guidelines:
• At least two tennis rackets
• DO NOT bring tennis balls
Clothing (Dress in layers / synthetic clothing is recommended but not required)
• Sweatpants and sweatshirt
• Warm jacket (please bring)
• Extra T-shirts and socks
• Knit hat or hood
• Long sleeve t-shirt
Food and Drink
• Energy bars, fruit, bagels, etc…
• One large water bottle. The water fountain is not turned on at this time of year!!!Other• Cell phone (to call home if you finish your matches early)
2019 JV Tournament play and scoring:
- All 8 game pro sets until semi-finals
- Report Scores via email immediately after match
Save Tabs to support Ronald McDonald House!
- State College Tennis is proud to support the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Hershey, PA Pop Tab Program
- The teams have been saving and delivering tabs for years, but now we would like to include YOU!
- Bring pull tabs from soda, soup, tennis ball cans and pet food to the State HS Tennis Courts on Prospect Ave.
- Look for the special pop tab box by the shed
- Tabs will be dropped off in Hershey and then redeemed for cash
- Little things can make a big difference!
Check out Little Lions Tennis on Facebook.
- Join the Facebook Group to view or post team photos
State College Tennis Camps is not related to SCASD or its athletic programs
- Next Match: May 24-26