Welcome!Welcome to music at Ferguson Township Elementary! I am your music teacher, Mrs. Youmans. During our time together, we will sing, play instruments, dance, improvise and compose our own music! The music room is an active and dynamic space where everyone is encouraged to think creatively, ask questions, learn about cooperation and self expression, and experience the joy of music. I’m looking forward to a fantastic year!Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Music class incorporates the nine National Standards for Music Education which I have listed below:
National Standards for Music Education
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.