National Honor SocietyState College Area High School653 Westerly ParkwayState College, PA 16801Advisors: Jennifer Rand“The purpose of this organization shall be to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students of secondary schools.”- NHS ConstitutionNHS News and AnnouncementsSeptember 2018
- Our first meeting will be Wednesday, September 5th at either 8:10 am or 3:45 pm (attend whichever fits your schedule best) in the LGI!
- The Test Prep Book Drive will take place at Back to School Night on September 5th! We will be selling AP, ACT, SAT, PSAT, and more all for under $5, with all proceeds benefiting SCASD students in need through the Sue Sheridan Fund.
- NHS will be assisting with State High's "Operation Sunshine" project! Donate items to aid those affected by Hurricane Florence, you can receive up to four hours of community service for donations. See the "Service Opportunites" tab for more information about the project.
- There will be no NHS meeting this month, but keep an eye out for new service opportunities!
- Check out the "Service Opportunities" tab for two new and exciting ways to earn hours.
- This month's meeting will be held on Monday, November 12th in the LGI from 8:00-8:35 or 3:50-4:30, where we will be working on our "Turkeys for Teachers" project. It's one of the most fun and creative meetings of the year!
- This month's meeting will be on Wednesday, November 12th in the LGI from 8:00-8:35 or 3:50-4:30. We will be making Christmas cards!
- This month's meeting will be on Thursday, January 10th in the LGI from 8:00-8:35 or 3:50-4:30. We will begin planning for our annual Bunny Hop 5k!
- Committee leaders will be contacting members and setting up meetings for each individual Bunny Hop Committee, so please continue to check your email!
- We will be running a coin drive to support Project Paradise at State High.
- There will be 2 more meetings for each Bunny Hop Committee this month. Continue planning for the race!
- The 3rd Annual Bunny Hop 5K Race will be held on Saturday, April 20th at 9am!
Follow Us On Social Media!For updates on NHS events, please follow and support our social media pages!
- Community service hours are due by May 31st, so turn them in to Mrs. Rand as soon as possible!
- 2019-20 NHS Induction will be held on May 2nd.
Last Modified on May 22, 2019