Mount Nittany Middle SchoolOverview of our middle school:
- The mission of our middle school is to develop responsible, productive, and effective individuals who demonstrate lifelong learning skills, embrace cultural diversity, show respect for self and the rights of others, work cooperatively, and practice good citizenship.
- The courses taught in the our school have been aligned with the PA Academic Standards adopted by the Pennsylvania State Board of Education.
- Our middle school uses Academics, Remediation, Enrichment, and Advising, better known as "A.R.E.A.” The primary purpose of the A.R.E.A. program is to provide time during the school day to enhance the learning process and to provide some exploratory options not available during class time. One period each day, 4 days out of the 6 day cycle, is set aside for A.R.E.A. activities. During this time period, students are offered the opportunity to take part in 40 clubs, special programs, or special interest groups. Students may also sign up with individual classroom teachers for remedial or makeup work as well as for enrichment work in subjects that particularly interest them.
Mount Nittany Middle SchoolMeeting the Needs of All Learners
Mount Nittany Middle School believes that the Positive Behavior Support program of ROAR: R (Responsibility) O (Organization) A (Attitude) R (Respect), prepares the students for life inside and outside of school. We want the students to take ownership of their education and behavior. Students can choose from a variety of clubs and activities throughout the school year. These clubs have received multiple local and national awards for their excellent work. Our students have access to a variety of curricular opportunities, that allows them some insight for their future when they are choosing courses for the High School. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding Mount Nittany Middle School.Fast Facts:773 - Enrollment
75 - Teachers
21 - Avg. class size
Special teachers include librarian, art, music, physical education, English as a second language, Learning Support, Instructional Coach, Emotional Support/Autistic SupportMore About Us
Call to schedule a personal tour.Website: Mount Nittany Middle SchoolPrincipal: Brian Ishler
- A hot lunch is served daily. Menus are planned to meet USDA’s goals for key nutrients and to include whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meat and low-fat milk.
- A certified school counselor, certified school nurse and licensed psychologist are available.
656 Brandywine Drive
State College, PA 16801
Phone: 814-272-4050 or 814-231-1041Twitter: @MNMSRoar
2019 Transition to 6th Grade Slideshow
Last Modified on May 13, 2019