Welcome to State College Area High School, home of the Little Lions!
State High is a high-performing, comprehensive high school that has a robust course offering, including 63 advanced and AP electives, and 12 in-house Career and Technical Programs. State High's staff is dedicated to making our students college- and career-ready and competitive in a global society. Our teachers are highly trained, skilled and committed to fostering relationships with students, parents, and community members.
Our students are recognized for their achievements in the following areas:
- National Merit semifinalists and finalists
- Nationally recognized Arts, Music, and Career competitions
- Various awards achieved through more than 100 extracurricular and co-curricular opportunities.
For our incoming ninth grade students, we have a program called the Ninth Grade Learning Community (9LC). This program is designed to promote a successful transition for incoming ninth grade students by providing a system that encourages responsive teaching and learning. Teachers collaborate in order to help students reach their potential, establish healthy relationships, and discover their strengths and passions in a safe and welcoming learning environment. Learn more here.Fast Facts:
State College Area High SchoolPrincipal: Laura Tobias650 Westerly ParkwayPhone: 814-231-1111
- 581 graduates
- 96.8% graduation rate
- 80% continue their post-high school education
- 23 National AP Scholars
- 23rd out of 650 schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores
- 63 Advanced Placement and advanced courses offered
- 76 high school activities and clubs offered
- 26 high school athletic teams
- 15 District 6 Athletic Titles last year
- 19 Bands, orchestras, choirs and rock ensembles