Welcome to SCASD Family & Community Engagement!
UPCOMING SCASD EVENT: SCASD: Donuts with Dr. Seria Chatters
Thu, 11/15, 8:30 - 10:30 am, Panorama Village Administrative Center, Room A
Fri, 11/16, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm, Panorama Village Administrative Center, Room C
Tue, 11/27, 5:30 - 6:45 pm, Mount Nittany Middle School
Come and meet Dr. Seria Chatters, the district’s new Director of Diversity and Inclusivity. Dr. Chatters will present a brief overview of her position and plans for the future. She’ll also talk about what she has done so far, and facilitate a discussion around equity, diversity and inclusivity. All parents/guardians and community members are welcome.
Family & Community Engagement (FACE) is a service offered by the State College Area School District with the goal of expanding efforts to engage families in education. We are committed to supporting the parents and families of our students by empowering them and giving them a voice and opportunities to be involved. Whether you are new to the school district or are facing a new challenge, we can help find answers to your questions.
- In-Home Services: home visits to discuss concerns and solutions regarding child, family, school or parenting issues/questions.
- In-School Services: support during school meetings upon request.
- Community Services: presentations to groups of parents or students.
- Parenting Information: individual or group opportunities.
- Referrals/Connections: referral to appropriate school and community resources.
Examples of some Community Partnerships:
Contact: Susan Marshall