Match #2: @State College
On Monday 8/21 the State College girls hosted other Mid-Penn girls at the Clark-9 Course at the Centre Hills Golf Course. The team came away with a 1-5 record (6-5 overall). The girls posted a combined score of 304 (+88).
Also, senior Hannah Kopac was the State College low scorer with a 91 (+19).
The State High Girls' Golf team will be in action on Friday (8/25) as they travel to Hazelton at Valley Country Club.
Match #1: @Chambersburg
The girls' team traveled to Chambersburg yesterday to open their Mid-Penn season. The team came away with a 5-0 record. The girls posted a combined score of 285 (+69).
Also, senior Hannah Kopac was tied for the individual low score with a 89 (+17).
Great job ladies!!
The State High Girls' Golf team will be in action on Friday (8/18) as they travel to Selinsgrove to take part in the Susquehanna Valley Invitational.
Interested in trying out for the State High Girl's Golf Team in 2023?
If so, join us for the first three days of practice will be August 7-9 at the Centre Hills - Clark (New) 9 golf course.
- Monday, August 7th - 12:00 - 2:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 8th - 10:00 - 12:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 9th - 10:00 - 12:30 PM
(Note: These are approximate end times. Players will be playing 9 holes of golf each day)
- In order to be eligible to tryout, please read and submit the requested health and informational items listed in the State College Athletics Student-Athlete Registration Process. These items should be completed and submitted by no later than the Fall Registration Deadline of August 1, 2023.
- If you have questions about this process, please feel free to reach out to the coaching staff, the State College Athletic Office, or the entity itself.
- As for the golf, it is a competitive fall sport. The coaching staff is dedicated to helping the athletes improve their game so they are match and tournament prepared. The team is not an intramural sport, nor does the coaching staff provide individual golf lessons. Therefore, in order to be a member of the team the coaching staff will evaluate your athlete on the following criteria:
- Ability to maintain pace of play while on the course.
- Overall golfing skill level
- Knowledge of the game
- General work ethic
- Ability to work with coaches to improve game
- Scoring (We would like to see our scores be 120 or better for an 18-hole round.)
Congratulations State High Girls, 2022 District VI Champions!!
From L-R: Coach Ken Miller, Claire Dworsky, Ryan Powell,
Sarah Huang, Hannah Kopac, Coach Corey Hunter
Congratulations Claire and Hannah, State High Girls, 2022 District VI Individual Medalists!!
Individual Medalists (L-R): Claire Dworsky – St. College 5th place, Gabrielle Filer – Altoona 4th place, Hannah Kopak – St. College 3rd place, Reese Walizer – Central Mountain 2nd place, Ashden Stitt – Hollidaysburg District 6 Girls 3A Champion