(forms and instructions)
The online registration for student athletes through FamilyID (www.familyid.com) is now open and live.
Recertification - requires this Section 8 document ONLY
The registration deadline for the SPRING is March 1st.
Little Lion Athletic Training services and care are provided by Mount Nittany Physician Group.
PIAA and the NIL Rules
Name, Image and Likeness. Students may receive consideration for the use of their own name, image and likeness (NIL). Such permissible activities include:
- commercial endorsements,
- promotional activities,
- social media presence,
- product or service advertisements,
- unique digital items/assets.
NIL contracts/agreements need to come from analysis of the value an athlete brings for providing a specific service/activity, not as an incentive for enrollment decisions or membership on a team.
NOTE: No school or anyone employed by or affiliated with a member school, including booster clubs, coaches, collectives, administrators and alumni, may solicit, arrange, negotiate or pay for a student’s, other than their own child, use of their NIL and/or the provision of consideration to a student for the use of their NIL.
In engaging in NIL activities, students MAY NOT:
- make any reference to PIAA or a PIAA member school (including the school and/or team name, nicknames, terms by which a school or team is commonly referred or identified, logo)
- wear school uniforms or school-identifying apparel or items
- endorse or promote any third-party entities, goods or services during team/school activities
- wear the apparel or display the logo, insignia, or identifying mark of an NIL partner during any team/school athletic activities, unless it is part of the standard school uniform for that sport
- engage in any NIL activities involving, displaying or endorsing the following categories of products and services:
- Adult entertainment products and services;
- Alcohol products;
- Casinos and gambling, including sports betting, the lottery, and betting in connection with video games, on-line games and mobile devices;
- Tobacco and electronic smoking products and devices;
- Opioids and prescription pharmaceuticals;
- Controlled dangerous substances;
- Weapons, firearms and ammunition.
Students must notify the Principal/Athletic Director if they enter into any type of NIL contracts/agreements within 72 hours after entering into the agreement.
Want to become a PIAA Official?
The PIAA has recently opened up the opportunity for 16-17 year olds to become certified officials for MS and 9th grade contests.
Requirements can be found on the PIAA website at: Become a PIAA Official
PIAA will be waiving the registration fees for any student belonging to this program.
Junior officials will be provided a mentor by the chapter they join and will also be provided training by that same chapter.
Thank you in advance for your help with the recruitment of PIAA officials.
Student-Athlete Mental and Emotional Health Support
We recognize and support our athletes and all that they have to balance and juggle in life. Please see this presentation as a resource and source of support.
As always, please contact your coach, counselor, parent or trusted adult if you are struggling with the challenges of life. Or contact anyone in our My Mental Health Matters office.
If you have any concerns about mental health struggles of a child, please see this LINK for assistance.
If you know or suspect that someone is a threat to themselves of others, please say something. Go to Safe2Say for assistance or call 911.
The SCASD is committed to support opportunities for our children and families.
Do you know a student that could benefit?
The Richard Queeney Memorial fund and the Sue Sheridan Fund are two resources that are available to help students who lack necessary resources for participation. Both funds have specific parameters and are dedicated to offering support to students with financial need.
- Any student k-12
- Who attend a school in the State College Area School District
- Who may need financial assistance to attend a field trip, educational experience, or cover the costs of participating in other opportunities
Welcome to the State College Area School District Athletic Department
Chris Weakland, Athletic Director
Loren Crispell, Assistant Athletic Director
Susie Sekunda, Secretary
Tammy Smith, Secretary
650 Westerly Parkway State College, PA 16801
Office hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.