Information for Players, Parents, Guardians, Coaches, and Staff.
You must view and complete the following tasks prior to team workouts:
- review information documents
- complete, sign and return the Acknowledgement Form (one time)
- complete the on-line screening (daily prior to a workout)
It is time to schedule your child's PIAA sports physical.
Contact your physician as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
Printable version of the PIAA Dr's Physical Forms. (sections 5 & 6)
The Secretary of Health's 7/3/2020 order includes that masks must be worn when:
- Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of their household;
- In any indoor location where members of the public are generally permitted;
- Waiting for, riding on, driving, or operating public transportation or paratransit or while in a taxi, private car service or ride-sharing vehicle;
- Obtaining services from the healthcare sector in settings including, but not limited to, a hospital, pharmacy, medical clinic, laboratory, physician or dental office, veterinary clinic, or blood bank; or
- Engaged in work, whether at the workplace or performing work off-site, when interacting in-person with any member of the public, working in any space visited by members of the public, working in any space where food is prepared or packaged for sale or distribution to others, working in or walking through common areas, or in any room or enclosed area where other people, except for members of the person's own household or residence, are present when unable to physically distance.
Light up the Night
When: Wednesday, 5/20/20; 8:20pm - 8:40pm
What: A community-wide lighting of the outdoor facilities and venues
Where possible, illuminating the scoreboard displaying a score of 20-20 as well as 4th down and 19.
Why: To recognize and honor not only the class of 2020, but also our local First Responders and medical providers working on the front line
Enjoy this SCHS Lion's Den Video - we are truly #BetterTogether
With the PIAA's 4/9 decision, the State College Area School District has cancelled all spring club and extracurricular activities including PIAA athletics.
All State College athletic events are now cancelled.
Sport Passes are now on sale in the Athletics Office from 8:30am-4pm(now located in the New High School Room B24)Sport PassesGood for all athletic events including Friday Night Football(except tournament and play-off games)$45.00/Adult$25.00/Student$25.00/Senior Citizen
PIAA Winter Sport Physicals - All students in grades 7-12 who wish to join a State College Area School District PIAA sports teams for the 2019/2020 school year must complete the electronic application (CIPPE) form.
Students who have played a fall sport will only need to fill out the re-certification form on Privit. (available on Oct. 28)
As of 6/1/19, the new required platform for registering your child for a PIAA sport in grades 7-12 is PRIVIT. Please read the Privit email linked below and follow the complete instructions from the link to the PRIVIT site.
SCASD is merging with PRIVIT to provide an improved athletic registration and documentation experience for families and athletes.
- Save time completing athletic registration & physical forms
- Access to your child’s information anytime and anywhere
- Enter your child’s information one time
For more information, Privit Email to Parents
Physicals can be performed June 1, 2019 or later.
To access our physical packets. Please follow this link for required athletic physical packets.
(*All physicals must be "signed" and "dated" by your doctor in order to have a completed physical.*)(Winter physicals are due by Nov. 11, 2019.)
Winter Physicals or Recertifications Due Nov. 11
First Day of Practice Nov. 18
Spring Physicals or Recertifications Due Feb. 24
First Day of Practice Mar. 02
Welcome to the State College Area School District Athletic Department
Chris Weakland, Athletic Director
Loren Crispell, Assistant Athletic Director
Susie Sekunda, Secretary
Deanna Yarnell, Secretary
650 Westerly Parkway State College, PA 16801
Office hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.