In the spring of 2022, the State College Area School District Board of Directors began the process of updating the 2018-2023 Educational Strategic Plan. The intent was to refresh the current plan, bringing it in line with the District's current goals and objectives.
On Monday, July 18, the Board of Directors approved a motion for public review of the final 2021-2024 Strategic and Comprehensive Plans. Through numerous meetings with stakeholders consisting of Board members, administrators, teachers, other district personnel, students, parents, and representatives from business and the community, the district has completed updating the strategic plans. The plans consist of:
- Vision of a SCASD graduate
- Goals for Student Success
- Measures of Student Progress
- Four Pillars to accomplish our goals for student success
- Using professional practices — teaching, leadership, and organization
- Strategic mapping — setting priorities and key actions
The plans will guide the district forward using the goals and related actions to meet the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s (PDE) “Comprehensive Planning” requirements. After a 28-day review, as PDE required, the documents were given approval by the Board of Directors on Aug. 29, 2022.