Coordinated School Health & Wellness PolicyThe State College Area School District is committed to preparing students to make healthy nutritional and physical activity choices every day – in their communities, homes and schools. Therefore, it is the policy of the State College Area School District that:
- Students, parents, teachers, food service professionals, health professionals, and community members will jointly implement, monitor, and review the District’s nutrition and physical activity policies.
- All students will receive opportunities and encouragement to stay physically active on a regular basis.
- The District’s schools will provide K-12 physical education curricula and nutrition education opportunities during the school day, as well as other opportunities for developmentally appropriate activities aimed at fostering lifelong habits for health.
- Food and beverages sold or served at school will contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
- The goals of the student wellness policy shall be considered in planning all school-based activities
Last Modified on September 26, 2017