So... you're ready to prepare your book commercial...
1. Goal: To get readers ecited about a book, auhtor, series, or genre
2. Getting Ready:
- Make sure you've read the entire book.
- Choose a book or series you think your classmates will enjoy.
- Think about what makes a book interesting
- Think about how you will capture the interest of the other readers in your class.
- Write down page numbers or mark pages you plan to show the class with a sticky note BEFORE you present
- Practice your commerical before presenting it to the class
3. During the Commercial:
- Show the cover of the book to the class
- Start with a good lead (sometimes a question gets the audience interested)
- Tell the author, title, genre, library location, series etc...
- Explain why you chose to share this book
- Tell a little about the book, but don't give any spoilers
- If possible, mention othe rbooks by the same author or other books in the same series.
- Look at your classmates
- Speak loud and clarly
- Show your enthusiasm
- keep it short
5. Your review will be graded using the review rubric.
Last Modified on September 28, 2017