First Day of School for the 2019-20 School Year
The first day of school for students entering grades 1 - 5 is Monday, August 26, 2019. Kindergarten families will have an hour-long orientation on this day. See below for additional details.
Click here for our district's academic calendar for the 2019-20 SY.
Important Information for Incoming Kindergarten Families
Please click here for additional details about each of the events listed below. We are mailing hard copies of this linked document to each family who has already registered. Hard copies will be available at the registration office for families who still need to register. Click here for more information about our registration office.
- Kindergarten screening will be on July 30th, July 31st, August 1st, and August 5th. Please contact Mrs. Karen Foard at firstname.lastname@example.org if you still need to schedule a time.
- Kindergarten Family Social - Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Kindergarten Camp - Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Kindergarten Bus Orientation - Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Kindergarten Orientation - Monday, August 26, 2019 (not a full day for KD students)
- First Full Day of School for Kindergarten Students - Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Elementary Cycle Days
Elementary specials’ cycle days can be found on our district's calendar by clicking here.
Additionally, you can see the cycle days on the calendar feature of our App, which is available in the Apple Store or Google Play by searching for “SCASD.”
We will be updating the SCASD calendar with the specials’ cycle days for the upcoming week each Friday. When there is inclement weather, the calendar will be updated to reflect the correct specials’ cycle day.
A few friendly reminders about our school hours:
- The arrival window for students (bus and parent drop off) is from 7:55 - 8:09 am.
- Students are considered late for school if they enter the building after 8:09 am. If arriving after 8:09 am, please escort your child to the main office to sign in.
- Dismissal begins at 2:59 pm with buses exiting the parking lot at 3:07 pm.
“As a long-standing member of the State High faculty, I look forward to stepping into this new administrative role,” Wilson said. “I am excited for the opportunity to work with our faculty, parents, and community members to continue to make this an excellent school.”
Home of the Mini-LionsSchool Colors: Red & White
School Masot: Lucky the Lion
Motto: "If it is to be, it is up to me!"
800 West Cherry Lane
State College, PA 16803
Safe Arrival at School: 814-235-4549Arrival Window: 7:55 - 8:09 amSchool Hours: 8:09 am - 2:59 pmDismissal Window: 2:59 - 3:07 pm
Zachary J. Wynkoop, Principal
Linda Moore, Office Secretary
Tonya Smeal, Attendance Secretary