7th Grade Cardinal Team
Welcome to the Cardinal Team! We hope you are having a wonderful summer! We have put together some information that may help you plan for the rapidly approaching school year. First, your teachers:
Math: Mrs. Lukehart
English: Mr. Cimino
Science: Mr. Stout
Learning Support: Mr. Dunklebarger
Art: (1st semester): Mrs. Fulmer
Social Studies: Mr. Beers
Music: (2nd semester): Mrs. McAninch
Academic Literacy: Mrs. Kissell
We have many fun and exciting plans for the upcoming year. These team expectations will help to ensure a successful year:
- Promptness - Arrive to class on time.
- Preparation – Have all materials ready, complete assignments when due.
- Reliability - Fulfill expectations on a regular basis.
- Courtesy - Practice politeness and respect.
- Consideration - Demonstrate sensitivity to and concern for others.
Here is a list of materials you will need to use in all of your classes this year. Please replace these items as they are used.
For all classes, everyday:
- Pencils for class everyday
- Erasers - pencil top & block
- Paper - 3-ring white ruled notebook
- Highlighter - any color
- Pouch to store pencils, calculator, etc.
- 2 boxes of facial tissues (give to your homeroom teacher on the first day)
3-ring binders for: (Total of 4)
- Social Studies
- Unlined sketchbook (approximately 9x12) or unlined paper that fits in your folder
- One 2 pocket folder
- One subject spiral notebook for math (please no composition notebooks)
- Scientific calculator for math
- Divider tabs for math (1 pack of at least 5)
- Pens for correcting math
- Colored pencils (one box) for math
- 1 dry erase marker for math (optional)
- 30 cm metric ruler for math (& Science) - optional
- One 3 prong/clasp folder to hold worksheets for music
For Academic Literacy:
- Pocket folders
- 3-ring binder with paper, dividers
- Writing Utensils
To help students be organized in seventh grade, binders are essential. There are several ways students utilize binders and sometimes it takes experimentation to find a method that works best for you. One way is to have a binder for each subject. Another way is to have an "A Day" binder and a "B Day" binder. Some students have binders for the classes they have back to back (ex/ math block 5/6 and science block 7/8).
See you soon!