8th Grade Gray Fox Team Supply List for 2020-2021Welcome! We are excited to have you as a part of our team this year. Supply management will be different this year in response to COVID-19. Students should label as many of their materials as possible with their names. It will help students keep track of their materials and it will help teachers return materials to students when things get lost or left behind. We are trying to make sure students only touch their own materials as much as possible.
1. Tissues. Students should have their own packs of tissues whenever possible. However, a donation of two boxes of tissues for homeroom teachers is greatly appreciated.2. A small bottle of hand sanitizer for personal use.3. A mask or face covering (mouth and nose).
Student Materials: Students should plan on having their own materials.
1 subject composition notebook for Science (no spiral bound please)
1 subject notebook for Social Studies
1 set of earbuds for all classes (students should have their own earbuds).
1 ream of 8.5" x 11" loose leaf notebook paper.
2 dozen pencils and more as needed. Students should plan on having own pencils and not sharing.
1 pack of colored pencils
1 pencil case
2 highlighters (any color)
A pair of scissors.
A glue stick.
- A 1 inch three-ring binder
- A 12 inch ruler with both centimeters (metric) and inches (English)
- One calculator with basic functions (If possible, a TI-84 Graphing Calculator preferred but having a graphing calculator is not a requirement.)
- 1 spiral bound sketchbook (9 by 12)
- 1 Two pocket folder
- 1 pack of colored markers
- 1 pack of 12 black fine line markers
- 1 pack of 24 colored pencils
- 1 block eraser
- 1 Fine line black marker
- 1 Ultra fine line black marker
- 1 scissor
- 1 bottle of white glue (4oz.)
- 2 glue sticks
Band Students only:
All students should have a 1"-1.5" 3 ring binder for Band and a pack of dividers. Page protectors are optional (but encouraged).
Reed players: bring in 2 new reeds in the package, marked with your name in Sharpie. I will keep them at school for days you forget your instrument.
Percussion players: you will NOT need to bring your snare drum to school, but you will need to bring your own sticks and should start your own mallet collection (yarn for cymbals and pitched percussion, general timpani, brushes for set players, etc.). A stick bag is the best way to transport them and can be purchased online or through music retailers.
All players need equipment for their specific instrument (valve oil, reeds, cork grease, snare sticks, etc.) so please replenish if your supply is low! Also, everyone needs a pencil or three in their case!