On May 20, 2023, notable State High alumni were inducted into the Maroon & Gray Society during the SCASD Education Foundation banquet. The 2023 class inductees are:
- “The Three Captains”
John Schempf ’58, Captain, U.S. Coast Guard
Paula (Schempf) Carroll ’62, Captain, U.S. Coast Guard
Peter Schempf ’66, Captain, U.S. Navy
- Gerard (Gerry) Mansell ’72, Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army
- 1973 State Champion Little Lions Football Team
- John Casey, Retired Principal Mount Nittany Middle School
- Marisa Vicere ’01, President & Founder, Jana Marie Foundation
- Whitney Stringer ’02, Principal, Whitney Stringer PR & Events
Congratulations to the new members and thank you to everyone who contributed to making the event a huge success!
Read more on the SCASD Education Foundation website.
Photos by Nabil K. Mark